[phpBB] Packaging Q&A: contributed materials and debconf translations

J.M.Roth jmroth at iip.lu
Wed Mar 10 23:39:16 CET 2010

Just 2 questions about packaging:

In order to make the package even more attractive:
Can we include rank symbols from phpBB contributions, such as
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/db/index.php?i=misc&mode=display&contrib_id=15935?
Of course one would have to ask the author first.
Would any policy speak against that?

Another matter:
W: phpbb3: using-question-in-extended-description-in-templates phpbb3/httpd
That has to do with "apache-???" in phpbb3.templates.
I must admit I haven't had to deal with translations yet.
When I update the string, the entire po/ folder changes. Is that correct?
Someone have a clue on how to correctly deal with that? Google doesn't
really help.
I.e. what would be the correct tools to use such that po files are also
updated as far as
"Project-Id-Version: phpbb2 2.0.21-5\n"
is concerned?

JM