[phpBB] Updating phpbb3

J.M.Roth jmroth at iip.lu
Wed Mar 10 00:10:48 CET 2010

On 3/9/2010 11:58 PM, David Prévot wrote:
> This list used to receive the changes when a new svn revision was
> uploaded, is there anything we can do to make this functionality work ?

Don't be too rough on the list server -- it first has to get used to the
new pace =D

>> Or should we just support mysql in the future?
[s/just/only/]

> Since Oracle acquired MySQL, I suppose it may be a bad idea to rely only
> on MySQL in the future, so thanks for taking care of phpbb with others
> databases ! ;)

Apparently they promised it would stay free but yeah, who knows.

I was in fact only asking because only one(!) person complained about
the sqlite issue, and astoundingly noone(!!) complained about pgsql.

As for sqlite I don't even know the difference between v2 and v3, but in
my tests for the new release I believe both worked to the same degree
(i.e. almost).

JM