[phpBB] Phpbb3 Debianized logos

David Prévot david at tilapin.org
Mon Mar 15 22:27:32 CET 2010

Hi Josh Turner AKA Wolven and the phpbb package team,

Le 15/03/2010 15:51, Josh Turner a écrit :
> Hey, mate, you've got the wrong Wolven,

Sorry about it : the email address (the domain in fact) we kept in the
copyright file doesn't accept any mail, so I tracked back Kenneth
Granerud AKA Wolven who replied to Jeroen a few years ago [1]: he
declared a website where I found your contact [2] (Google confirmed me
about the link between Kenneth Granerud and Wolvix). Don't know if the
owner changed for the Wolven account or another computer mystery ;).

Anyway, I just tried a PM to Wolven on the forum and a message to the
second contact address of Wolvix, so let's see if there is a response or
if Jeroen kept another contact address.

> but I'd be interested in giving it a
> go, if you wouldn't mind at least having a peek at what I could come up
> with.

I think it would be nice, thanks. Maybe let's wait a few days, in case
Kenneth Granerud replied he is interested.

> In the event you don't mind, what are your preferences? Just looking for a
> Debian-inspired logo modification, or something more in-depth?

I was just thinking about something like the initial Phpbb2 Debianized
logos [1] (attached): "It should still be quite similar to the original,
and definitely still in the same style. But, the Debian swirl and
letters somewhere nicely into it would be nice. [...] Needless to say,
size should not change, and in order to not need to change any html, the
file format needs to stay the same too."

I actually spent a few hours trying, but for the first one (prosilver:
stylized text with a transparent background), I didn't manage to find
enough room for a noticeable background swirl, and reducing the text
size made it really blury since I didn't find a better quality one. I
was too discouraged in order to try with the second one (subsilver2 more
alike the default phpBB2 logo), but I guess it will be easier.

> Thanks, and if I can figure out which of the other Wolvens you're looking
> for, I'll pass this on. :)
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Wolven

Cheers,